enough for 4-6 toasties
- 250 g cream cheese – I prefer Lancewood
- 1 t wasabi past
- 1 T chopped pickled ginger
- 2 T chopped fennel
- 4-6 slices whole wheat bread
- 100 g smoked trout ribbons
- 2 T capers – optional
- 1 small red onion – optional
- Place the cream cheese, wasabi, fennel and ginger in a bowl and mix.
- Toast the bread – I prefer a medium toast colour.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the toast. Top with the trout ribbons, fresh herbs, thin slices of the onion and a few capers.