- 125 g salted butter – divided in 2 halves
- 2 x Three Streams whole trout fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few sprigs thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 125 ml almond slivers
- Fresh pea shoots of other soft herbs like parsley
- Heat on half of the butter in a pan over medium heat until it is bubbling, add the fish, cook until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the other half of the butter to the pan and add the almonds and cook until it browns, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper if still needed and remove from heat.
- Serve the fish covered in the sauce with steamed green beans.