Makes 2 medium size pizzas
- 1 kg ready made dough – get from bakery
- 1 T cornmeal
- 2T/ 30 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – finely grated
- 250 g cream cheese – I used Thai Chili flavor
- 80 g Cold Smoked Trout Ribbons
- Fresh rocket
- 1 red onion – very thinly sliced
- A few capers – optional
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Line 1 or two baking sheets with baking paper and sprinkle the cornmeal on the baking paper, it gives the
- pizzas a nutty crunch and also prevents sticking.
- Divide the dough in two and roll the dough out on a floured surface until you have 2 x 25 cm bases.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the bases are puff out and light golden brown. In the meantime, mix the olive oil and garlic.
- When done, remove the pizza bases from the oven and brush with the garlic oil.
- While the pizzas are still hot, smear the cream cheese over the basis, it will melt, but it is ok.
Top with the trout ribbons, fresh rocket, basil, onion slices capers.
Add a little coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to your liking.