- 2 x 200 g salmon fillets ( you can use hake or even pilchards)
- 1 medium onion – grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- About ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml salt
- 5 ml freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 T for frying
For the sauce;
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 T freshly grated ginger – about 1 thumb-size piece
- 2 cloves garlic – finely grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 T fish masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander for serving
- Place all the ingredients for the Frikkadels in a bowl and mix with your hands. Make golf ball sized Frikkadels and fry on low-medium heat in a little oil until golden brown on both size. Keep aside until needed.
- In the same pan, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and fish masala and bring to the boil.
- Add the coconut cream. Turn the heat to low and let the sauce simmer until it has thickened slightly.
- Add the frikkadels and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped coriander just before serving.
Serve with fluffy basmati rice.