“We all loved this Smoked Mackerel Salad, the salty fish, the crisp lettuce, creamy avocado and the refreshing summer fruits. All I added was a yogurt dressing and a few crispy rolls and voila, dinner was served.”
– Chef Nina Timm
serves 4 – 6
- 200 g Three Streams Smoked Mackerel fillets
- half a iceberg lettuce – washed and broken into chunks
- ½ a cucumber – thinly sliced
- 125 ml chopped spring onions
- 1 pineapple peeled and diced in small cubes
- 8 – 10 strawberries cut in thin slices
- fresh herbs – basil, parsley and thyme
- 2 ripe avocados – scooped in chunks
For the Salad Dressing, click HERE!
Find your prettiest salad platter and just pile all the goodness on the platter in a neat chaos.
Break the fish fillets into strips or chunks and add the the salad.
Serve with crusty bread, wholewheat bread or banting crackers.