- 2 x 200 g salmon fillets
- 6 prawns
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml butter.
- 10 asparagus
- 30 ml trout caviar
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Micro herbs
- Wash and trim the asparagus. Cut them in half lengthwise. Place in a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillet and cut into 2 equal pieces. season with salt and pepper. Keep one side.
- Clean the prawns. Remove them black veins and season with salt and pepper. Warm a skillet and add half the olive oil. Cook the salmon on all four sides, about 30 seconds per side. Lastly add the butter and scoop the sizzling butter over the salmon. It it is important not to overcook the salmon. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook the prawns. Drizzle the salmon and prawns with a little lemon juice.
- Heat a griddle pan and grill the asparagus to still be crunchy, but have little char marks.
One minute Stick Blender Hollandaise
makes 200 ml sauce
- 1 extra large egg yolk
- 5 ml white wine vinegar
- 5 ml water
- 5 ml Dijon Mustard
- 125 ml melted butter – melted it must be 125ml, it is about 120 g
- Place the egg yolk, water, vinegar and mustard in your stick blender’s jug. Melt the butter in microwave oven. Place your stick blender over the egg yolk and start running the machine.
- Slowly add the melted butter and voila…. in seconds you have hollandaise.
You can season with salt, pepper and maybe tarragon, but to me, it is just perfect.
Arrange the asparagus on the two plates. Top with a piece of salmon per plate. Top with the asparagus. Lastly add the hollandaise and finish off with the caviar and a micro herb of your choice.