Serves 10 people
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 medium onions – finely sliced
- 2 green peppers – finely chopped
- 2 yellow peppers – finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 T paprika
- 2 T dry oregano
- a few sprigs thyme or 2 T dry
- 1 T cumin
- 3 cups paella rice
- about 1 – 1.5 liters chicken stock
- Salt and coarse lay ground pepper to taste
- 1 kg de-veined prawns
- 1 kg calamari rings
- 500 g mussels in shell
- 500 g salmon – cut in 2 x 2 cm cubes
- Lemon juice and wedges to serve
- Chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the oil in a big skillet or paella pan. Add the onions and sauté until soft, add the peppers and keep stirring until the peppers soften up.
- Add the garlic and stir until the garlic is cooked, but not burnt.
- Add all the spices and stir through.
- Add the calamari rings and the prawns and stir until the prawns have some colour.
- Add the rice, stir through so that the rice is coated with spices. Add the hot stock and cover the skillet with a lid or with foil and turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for about 20 min or until all the liquid is absorbed. If the rice is not cooked yet, add a little more stock.
- When the rice is cooked, add the mussels and salmon on top of the rice, cover with foil and let the paella steam for about 5-8 min or until the mussels and salmon is cooked. Season and adjust if necessary.
Serve with wedges of lemon and lots of chopped coriander.