serves 2 for a main course or 4 for a starter portion
- 300 – 400 g Three Streams Hot Smoked Norwegian Salmon Portion
- 120 g baby salad leaves
- 2 – 3 small firm but ripe pears
- 125 ml blueberries
- 1 small cucumber – cut in thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- a small red onion cut in thin slices – optional
- 1 cup/250 ml croutons – optional
For the Dressing
- 125 ml/ ½ cup good quality mayonnaise – you can make it yourself
- 45 ml / 3 T Full Fat Yogurt – I prefer Fairview
- zest and juice of 1 lime – if the lime is very small, use two. You want a good acidic kick
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 2 T/30 ml chopped dill
- a little milk to thin the dressing if too thick for your licking
Make the dressing first and keep in a glass jar with a lid.
Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
It is winter, so I warmed the salmon slightly, but in Summer it will be perfect served cold.
Divide the salad leaves amongst the pretty plates.
Slice the pears with a mandolin, sharp knife of wide vegetable peeler.
I like the whole pear shape in the salad.
Scatter the cucumber slices, the blueberries, onion slices (if using) and the croutons(if using) over the salad leaves.
Flake the salmon and divide amongst the plates.
Serve with crispy, hot bread rolls and the salad dressing.