Makes 1 loaf to serve about 8
- 500 g trout ribbons
- 3 x 100 g Fairview Chevin
- 3 x 100 g Fairview Feta
- 30 ml pink peppercorns – optional
- 30 ml chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Line a 20 cm bread loaf tin with cling wrap. In a glass bowl, mix the chevin, feta, pink peppercorns and chives to a smooth consistency. It helps if the cheeses are at room temperature. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Line the bottom and sides of the tin with the trout shavings, overlapping the slices slightly. The trout slices must also hang over the sides, you will need it to cover the terrine.
- Spread an even layer of the cream cheese filling on the bottom layer of trout. I prefer it to be about 5 mm thick.
- Top the cheese mix with trout shavings and repeat the process until all the cheese filling is done.
- Fold the overhanging pieces over to close the terrine.
- Refrigerate for a few hours, overnight is better.
- Serve with baby lettuce, edible flowers and wholegrain bread.