”Grilled Salmon Kebabs and Hummus – not a combination that I would have spontaneously put together. Not entirely sure why, because now that I have eaten it, it just makes sense.”
– Chef Nina Timm
- 2 x 200 g Three Streams salmon portions – skin removed
- 30 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 naan breads – wraps can also work
- 1 tub Classic Pesto Princess Hummus – the Hummus with harissa paste works just as well.
- 4 rosemary skewers – about 15 cm long
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 1-2 green chilies
- fresh coriander
- 2 T pine nuts – salted cashews can also work
Heat the griddle pan or prepare some coals – you want intense heat for a short time.
Cut the salmon in biggish chunks, you need about 3 per person.
Place the salmon in a bowl and drizzle the olive oil over it. Season with salt pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Use the rosemary sprigs and make 4 salmon skewers.
Before you grill the salmon, toast the naan breads, chop the tomatoes and chilies and spread the hummus over all 4 naan breads.
Now grill the salmon for about 30 seconds on each side.
Serve immediately with the toasted nuts, chopped tomatoes, chillies and fresh coriander.