Fish Cakes for Kids
- 6 trout fish cakes
- 15 ml olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- 3 – 4 large carrots (Hats and sticks)
- 12 baby tomatoes (lips)
- 2 – 3 peppers – depending on how big they are. Do different colours
- Half a cucumber (use peel for noses)
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese (teeth
- 12 raisins (eyes)
- Mayonnaise for the eyes and hat decorations
- Cook the fish cakes according to the instructions on the packet. Cool slightly.
- In the meantime make the elements:
- Cut the carrot in thin slices lengthwise. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 6 half circles for the hats. Slice the other carrot slices into match stir for the children to eat.
- Cut the tomato in thin slices and remove the inner flesh and pips. Use the outer piece for the lips.
- Cut teeth from the mozzarella cheese.
- Use a sharp knife and cut out 6 round noses from the peel. Slice the rest flesh of the cucumber into strips for kids to eat.
- Half the peppers and remove the pips and membrane. Cut out shirts or dresses with a sharp knife.
Just follow the picture and you will get there. Be creative and make your own fish cake – get the kids involved.