- 4 x 1 liter glass jars with lids – I use smaller ones for the kids
- 2 x 200 g salmon portions – skin removed and cut into 1 cm dice or you can replace this with shredded cooked or grilled chicken
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 10 ml red curry paste
- the juice of 1 lime
- 4 vegetable stock cubes – for the smaller ones I use half for each
- 150 ml each different coloured peppers, savoy cabbage, mushrooms, spring onions, edamame beans
- rice vermicelli noodles
- Bean sprouts or fresh coriander for garnish
- Chili oil and sesame oil – optional
Divide the salmon or shredded chicken into each glass jar evenly, then add 5 ml of soy sauce, Chili sauce and lime juice to each jar.
Now layer the vegetables followed by the stock cubes. I crumble them. Lastly divide the noodles evenly amongst the jars. Cover with lid and keep in fridge until needed.
When the kids come home from school, famished, remove the jars from the fridge and pour boiling water in to fill jar. Stir the content (I use chop sticks) until the stock cubes have dissolved and the noodles are soft.
Allow the jars to rest for about 5 minutes before you decant it into a bowl and dig in. I eat mine with a few drops of sesame and chili oil.