- 4 salmon fillets (about 200 g per fillet)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Basil and pomegranate pips to garnish (optional)
- Cranberry Honey and Pomegranate Marinade/sauce
- 125 ml/ ½ cup cranberry jelly
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup light soy sauce
- 60 ml / ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 5 ml / 1 t smoked Paprika
- juice of 1 lime
- In a small bowl whisk together the cranberry jelly, soy sauce, cranberry juice, smoked
paprika and lime juice.
- Place the salmon filets in a large ziplog bag. Pour half of this sauce over the salmon fillets,
close the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with silicon paper.
- Remove salmon from the marinade and place them on the lined baking sheet. Lightly
season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the fillets for 12 – 15 minutes or until they are done to your liking. I brushed mine with
the marinade once during cooking. NOW THROW THE MARINADE AWAY
To make the sauce
Place the remaining sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and
cook for about 5 min until the sauce has reduced to a glaze.
Remove salmon from the oven, place on a beautiful plate. Drizzle the sauce over the salmon
and garnish with pomegranate pips and fresh basil.