Packed with antioxidants and rich in omega-3, Vitamin B and protein. this is a perfect Spring dish in South Africa. Plus, it’s sustainable and an environmentally responsible choice. The King trout is harvested (as of 2020) around Spring, and blueberries are in season – can’t get much fresher than this!
- 1x King Trout Fillet, sliced in sashimi and nigiri style.
- Microgreens, for serving
~ BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE ~
- 100g-150g Blueberries, halved
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 2 Tbs Raw Local honey (*little more if you want a bit more sweetness)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Limes, zested and juice
- 1 Orange, just the juice
- 1 Tbs garlic, grated finely
- 1 Garlic cloved, finely grated
- Dash of soy sauce
- *Mix up in a jar (so you can keep any leftovers sealed in the fridge). Allow to sit for a bit and then pour over trout.
- This Ceviche-style works best with fresh (not previously frozen) trout or salmon
- You could try this with lightly smoked trout fillet if you can’t get your hands on fresh king trout, or fresh salmon.
- The blueberry vinaigrette is also lovely condiment for a cooked trout fillet and salad.